In years passed, I’ve done a great job meeting my goals for reading, but 2017 is not my year. I’ve successfully finished just ONE book this year and I’m trying to get motivated to dive back in. Besides choosing an easy beach read as my next book, I also wanted to create a magnet bookmark to inspire me to get back into it.
As you also probably know by now, I LOVE easy DIYs. There is something so satisfying about creating something for myself, but I don’t want to spend a ton of time or money on it. I also prefer to do DIYs that are actually useful, and it’s a bonus when I can create them with things found on Amazon.
This DIY project accomplishes ALL of the above.
What you need:
- High-quality blank cards
- Small adhesive magnets
- Watercolors, brushes or markers to decorate your bookmarks
- Ruler or other straight edge
- Decide what you want your bookmarks to look like
- If using watercolors, paint your blank card while still looking like a card. Wait to dry.
- Using a ruler, create a straight line to mark where you want to cut each edge
- Cut the strips to create each bookmark
- If adding names, do so here.
- Attach the small adhesive magnets. Attach one on the inside bottom edge, then take off the adhesive on the second one, but put the two magnet sides together. Then, fold over the other half of the card so that the two magnets line up perfectly
- Give yourself and others a gift for a summer of reading!