As you may remember from my living room inspo post, I’ve had my eye on this Good Vibes pillow for YEARS. While it’s cute – $38 seemed like a lot for a pillow – so I decided I was going to DIY it instead.
Embarrassingly, I’ve had the undyed letters for over a year, with this whole project just getting more and more delayed. But just this week, some new furniture for the apartment came in, and I have a renewed desire to spruce things up. Enter the motivation to finally finish the DIY.
This is an extremely simple DIY – but one I felt like was still worth mentioning on the blog
What You’ll Need:
- A pillow with a removable, flat cover. I bought one at Primark for $5
- Letters to make your saying. I used these.
- Fabric dye, if you want your letters to be anything other than white
- Dye your letters, following the instructions on the package. Note, I wish I let my letters dye for longer – mine ended up fading to more of a grey than a true black.
- Let them dry overnight.
- Follow the directions to iron on the letters. Try to forget that you’re really just ironing and that ironing is very boring.